Monday, March 30, 2009

Henry Ugwuadu CCIE#23824 (R&S)

"Hello All,

I have waited for the opportunity to write this email. I passed my
CCIE R&S Lab yesterday in Lagos (Mobile Lab). The journey started in
Dec 2006 when I passed the written test. I managed to combine my
studies with tight work schedule as an IT staff in a bank. I had my
first attempt in April 2008 at San Jose. Midway into the exam I knew I
would fail. I could not have the strength to continue with the rest of
the exam. I came back to Nigeria angry with myself.

I went back to work swearing that I would not take the lab again.
Thanks to my friend Daniel who encouraged me to take some time off
studies and then give it a shot again. I decided to go back but I
needed time to prepare. Each time I remembered the distance I covered
traveling from Nigeria to San Jose California I shuddered.

I made up my mind finally in August 2008 to attempt the lab again.
This time around I paid more attention on the areas I felt I did not
do very well the last time. Then came the mobile lab. I booked and
worked tirelessly to make sure I pass it this time. I took the lab
Yesterday. After the Open Ended, I went through the whole questions
line by line. By lunch time I had reachabilty to all my routers and
was done with IGP and BGP.

I ate very little at lunch time because I kept thinking of the
remaining questions. I went back and was done 2 hours before time. I
went through my solutions from the beginning. I knew at that point
that I will pass. The proctor was good "Only when you ask he right
way".

For the materials, I used InternetworkExpert Labs, Core Workbook, COD,
God!! That is a wonderful material and Narbiks. I wish to thank the
Groupstudy, I read and archived loads of emails. You guys are great. I
wish to thank Daniel. Most importantly, I wish to thank my wonderful
WIFE for her patience and understanding. She threw her weight behind
me all the way. I can play with my children once again.

My advice is: Know the Technology and Do as many labs as possible
especially InternetworkExpert 7,8,9,10,11 and back.


Henry Ugwuadu
CCIE#23824 (R&S)"

No comments:

Post a Comment