Wednesday, April 1, 2009

airflow

Hi there,

this week I had my first attempt for the security ccie, and I'm glad to tell you that I passed on the first attempt! smile.gif

My preparation was
* 4 years experience in the area at work
* two month of very intense preparation (got "free" from work from my employer and could basically learn from the morning to late at night)
* creation of a "knowledgebase", where a added every bit of information I didn't knew before, or was hard to "get" and understand, and was worth noting. I think this is a must for two reasons: first you memorize things better and easier when repeating them and putting them into your own words and writing them down, secondly it's good stuff to go through all this again shortly before the lab to see again all "pain-points" you had and their solution
* the 10 mock-labs from internetwork-expert (very valuable!), which are harder than the real one to my mind - together with a real lab where you can train of course
* a great day on the day of your exam, where you are relaxed, not too nervous, confident and having the support of your friends and family in your background.

This is what I had, and what obviously made me pass it. Good luck to all the others!

Before I forget: my number is 21049, and if you really feed the need to verify it (what for?), you can get my full-name on my website http://fp.ath.cx/ (I don't want to post my full name here).

greez,
airflow

No comments:

Post a Comment